The Rose, located in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is new construction composed of 90 multifamily, mixed-income rental units, 47 of which are affordable units and the other 43 are market-rate in a two-building configuration.
The Rose is one of the most ecologically sustainable buildings in Minnesota and is designed to be 75 percent more energy efficient than the 2007 American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) standards for the region. Some sustainable building features that will benefit the environment and residents of The Rose include:
- Location in an infill site in the core city
- Solar thermal panels provide 35 percent of hot water needs
- Aims to be net zero through energy-efficient design, including electrical generation that is either on site or purchased from a solar farm
- Rain garden and on-site treatment of rainwater
- Energy-efficient, recycled, and healthy materials
Click here for more information about the project and to see photos of the units and exteriors.